Main fear goes to the question about danger of choking hazard that may cause amber beads. To avoid this risk everyone should take attention and buy products from certificated sellers that take attention to:
- Resistance to tensile and compressive tests to be sure that necklace, bracelets and anklets will not separate at 90N tensile forces.
- Fastening quality. Must be used quality plastic buckle (amber imitation with the same color as beads) which twists securely. The material of buckle does not react with air and is resistant to heat, therefore it is as strong as amber.
- Amber processing non-chemical but thermal way. For example polishing should be prepared like this: the pieces of amber are polished, i.e., processed in a natural way with natural materials (natural wood polishing tools). Baby amber necklaces are worn by babies with sensitive skin or can be placed into little mouth, therefore any chemicals can cause allergy and can be harmful.
- Threads quality .This can be reasoned with experiments with tensile powers. According to EU safety standards string that tethered beads has to be strong and continue on 90N tensile forces.
- Knot after each amber bead: each amber piece has to be individually knotted to prevent choking and designed to break under pressure to prevent strangulation. Then beads can not spill out, children are not in danger to swallow them. The necklace can be easily repaired by knitting all the beads with own ropes.
- Holes in beads. The holes of amber beads must be drilled manually - not by machine. Straight holes, drilled in the center, are the signatures of the professional and experienced masters. Such beads for a necklace are more durable and stable. If the holes are crooked, a bead loses its balance and there is a higher possibility to break it.
Please contact us if you have any questions.